Ever wondered how you can use psychology to your advantage?
Here are some psychology tricks that you can use in your daily life.
Try them and let me know how it goes.
- If you are stuck in a boring conversation feign interest by intentionally mirroring the person’s behavior to build rapport and encourage your interest in the conversation itself.
- Saying someone’s name will help you remember and have that person like you a bit more. People love hearing their name.
- Get the person to talk about themselves. The act of listening will make you more friends than talking too much.
- Ask questions, act interested, and find points of commonality to increase rapport.
- Act like you’re confident and people will believe you are.
- Tell a “secret” about your personal life and often it will be reciprocated.
If you want someone to do a moderately big favor for you, ask them to do something even bigger that you’ll feel that they’ll definitely say no to. Then ask them to do the smaller favor, and since they feel guilty for saying no to the big one, they’re more likely to say yes. People will compare the first favor to the second, and it’ll be much smaller, and much easier to say yes to.
If you are really busy and someone comes into your office to talk but you can’t spend time with them right now and don’t want to be rude about it. Just get up and walk out as you talk to the person. The person will feel compelled to follow you. Walk to his/her desk and they will feel compelled to sit back down. Then walk away.
90% of the time you can get a person to follow you by talking and walking away.
Place an item in the customer’s hand say a couple of good things about it, and you will improve your chances of that customer buying the product.
Want More? ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW and You’ll get our BEST tips. They’re too good to blog about.